We are looking for a Senior Architect to work with us in building the best vertically integrated sustainability product for the fashion industry. You should have deep experience in designing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You should have successfully developed and managed a large, high end technology capability for another product or services firm.
You need to be well versed on recent engineering practices for software development and also be aware of how newer technologies like Cloud, APIs, DevOps, AI/ML, Blockchain etc. can be utilized in our product.
You need to be a visionary leader with strong mentoring and coaching skills. You will lead our development effort and have a voice in all our design and implementation across the entirety of our stack. As we are in team building mode, you’ll have full say in recruitment and team building as the leader of our technical team.
Tech Strategy Design
- Responsible for the overall technology strategy, architecture, and design across all stages of product.
- Design and build modern solutions informed by a deep understanding of cloud architecture and how distributed systems operate at scale
- Map out the execution plan to meet the company’s technology and product goals
- Frequently get down to coding to conduct Proof of concepts and designing solutions
Reliability and Security at Scale:
- Responsible for ensuring data security and maintaining reliable performance of all Production-Level services.
- Analyze product operational data to configure, and improve performance, scalability, and stability of applications
- Own and manage code quality and technical debts of the team
Coach and Mentor:
- You will be responsible to plan software development resources, hire, and groom them to align with the vision of the firm.
- Provide technical leadership, regular support, and guidance to engineering teams on complex coding, issue resolution and execution
Growth Roadmap and Delivery:
- You will work closely with Product Managers, Engineering and QA Leads, and UX Designers in defining and prioritizing the roadmap of the product.
- Employ Agile methodologies like Scrum to plan and deliver committed results keeping relevant stakeholders in the loop along the way.
- Define and refine engineering processes across the team. Set up best practices, CI-CD pipelines, and review processes of the team
- 12+ years of technology work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing highly scalable, highly transactional, high performance, highly available systems, and robust applications. Should have worked end-to-end on all aspects of the system for at least two years.
- Several years of experience in enterprise architecture, design patterns and implementation of custom developed solutions.
- Has helped lead design and development on large, in-house-built applications
- Experience deploying & managing distributed applications, API Gateways, CDN etc. Experience on scaling and performance optimization of distributed systems.
- Experience in performance tuning and trouble shooting
- Team leadership experience leading globally distributed small and medium sized teams including people including managerial experience
- Mentoring and coaching abilities to ensure growth
- Experience of managing the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design.
- Experience using CSS grids and building responsive websites with scalability in mind.
- Understanding of security, UX, design systems, usability, internationalization (i18n), and accessibility (a11y)
- Experience of bundlers, such as Webpack, Browserify or Gulp and their use in building scalable, maintainable applications.
- 5+ years of experienced writing backend services with Node.js using API-driven architectures, especially micro-services, REST, 12-factor applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in distributed systems and caching
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise level data platforms involving implementation of end-to-end data pipelines
- Experience with column-oriented database technologies (i.e. Big Query, Redshift, Vertica), NoSQL database technologies (i.e. DynamoDB, BigTable etc.) and traditional database systems (i.e. Postgres)
- Experience in architecting data pipelines and solutions for both streaming and batch integrations using tools/frameworks like Glue ETL, Lambda, Google Cloud DataFlow etc.
- Understanding of data modeling, warehouse design and fact/dimension concepts
- Experience with AI architecture, Data science or Big data Architecture is a plus.
AWS, Networking & CI/CD Specific
- Hands on experience with AWS solutions using the following stack: Cloud formation, CloudWatch, ECS (Fargate), Cognito, API Gateway, IAM roles and policies, Kinesis, Kubernetes (AKS), Lambda, S3, RDS (Aurora, PostGresSQL), Redshift
- Should be well versed with the AWS well architected framework and can apply those principles while designing a solution.
- Strong understanding of HTTP, WebSocket, OAuth, RESTful, CORS and other web technologies
- Experience with version control, development tools and good understanding of DevSecOps role with experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Knowledge of commerce and CMS platforms, ideally having worked on eCommerce and/or CMS projects in the past
About Green Story
Green Story is an award-winning sustainability focused technology start-up based out of Canada and Netherlands. Our vision is to empower a billion consumers to know their impact and make choices that are better for the planet.
We have a SaaS platform for fashion brands to measure, offset and communicate the supply chain transparency and environmental impact of their products to consumers. We work with over 140 fashion brands in 15 different countries to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate their impact. Green Story is a Sustainable Brands Innovator, Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.