Green Story is an award-winning sustainability focused technology start-up based out of Canada and Netherlands. Our vision is to empower a billion consumers to know their impact and make choices that are better for the planet.
We have a SaaS platform for fashion brands to measure, offset and communicate the supply chain transparency and environmental impact of their products to consumers. We work with over 140 fashion brands in 15 different countries to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate their impact. Green Story is a Sustainable Brands Innovator, Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.
We are looking to hire a Technology Project Manager for our Bangalore Team to manage the delivery of our software projects.
- Lead the overall delivery setup, execution, and people management for all software development streams to realize defined business outcomes
- Own annual roadmap of software delivery in partnership with product mangers and software architect.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope and stories, create estimates, and produce project charters.
- Manage capacity planning and resource allocation across multiple projects. Determine and assess need for additional development staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle.
- Create Gantt charts, full-scale project plans, and release checklists. Monitor, review, and report project status regularly in order to manage project risks and ensure successful project delivery and implementation.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Partner with product owner to manage backlog - backlog prioritization, backlog grooming, ready groomed stories for next set of iterations.
- Practice Scrum as a Scrum master to help the team adopt Scrum in order to deliver quality releases quickly to market
- Responsible for Sprint Dashboard, Burn down Charts, QA Metrics, Story Quality Metrics, Escalation Plan, Sprint Start and Closure activities, Story Estimation techniques etc.
- Responsible for the team to follow processes, establish and actively facilitate the cadence of all scrum ceremonies, and remove team impediments or escalate as per defined SLAs.
- People management responsibilities for team members, track leads, scrum masters and product owners. Motivate and inspire team members through effective and timely feedback and recognition for high performance
- Create self-organizing teams, build consensus, and resolve conflict
- Master’s Degree or CSM, PMP or other relevant Project Management certification
- Over 4 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution. Over 2 years of experience as the lead project manager for full lifecycle delivery of mid-sized software services project.
- Min. 8 years of work experience in a software development environment - ideally in a successful startup or software consulting firm.
- Direct people management responsibilities for 5 or more people (including track leads/ other leads) and indirect responsibility/ span of 10 or more people as part of a cross functional team comprising of business analysts, designers, developers, testers, and other support functions.
- Experience with 1 or more engagements as a lead (scrum master, product owner, Kanban lead, etc.) on delivery or consulting projects/ programs based on Scrum/ Kanban framework
- Expertise with SDLC and various Agile Methodologies – Scrum, Scrum with XP, Kanban, and Scrum ban etc.
- Expertise with various Agile and Project Planning Tools - JIRA, Monday.com, Microsoft Projects, Asana, Basecamp, Gitlab, Confluence etc. ensuring adoption in consistent manner.
- Project management experience on an ecommerce platform, marketplace, or other enterprise level complex web application development projects is required.
- Basic knowledge of SDLC best practices (XP, Refactoring, Clean code patterns, CI/CD – DevOps etc.)
- Familiarity with ecommerce platform technologies like Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce and others, frameworks such as Node.js and React and cloud technologies like AWS and Docker.
More about Green Story