We are an international team of people committed to drive data-driven transparency in the fashion industry. Our vision is to empower 1 billion consumers to know their environmental impact and make choices that are better for the planet and the generations to come. And to do so, we work with pioneer brands like PANGAIA and Threads4Thought that want to achieve a more sustainable way of doing business.
We are looking for a Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) Project Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. You are a seasoned LCA consultant with hands-on experience of working on complex LCA projects and managing a few LCA projects. You will lead the delivery of high-quality LCA consulting services for our clients, with a focus on providing expert-level support and guidance on data collection and LCA modeling to our clients and our internal team.
Strong preference for candidates with prior textile experience, and high familiarity with GaBi (Sphera).
Client Project Management
- Manage LCA projects for clients as a project lead/manager ensuring that quality standards, expectations and deadlines are met
- Work with LCA subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope and create estimates
- Create project plans and interim release checklists for complex and large client LCA projects.
- Monitor, review, and report project status regularly in order to manage project risks and ensure successful project delivery and implementation
- Support/manage client interactions, such as regular project meetings/update calls, etc.
- Manage relationships & status reporting with clients & applicable third parties (suppliers, 3rd party reviewers etc.)
- Manage and lead project teams.
- Keep track and manage several on-going projects simultaneously
Client Project Delivery
- Plan LCA project work for the team and review interim and final LCA models and deliverables
- Lead meetings with clients and suppliers about their supply chains and technical processes of production
- Provide analytical support to team members
- Thought leadership: Develop and sharing Green Story thought leadership on LCA topics and trends; participate in relevant internal LCA-related initiatives or projects.
- Continuously work to improve current LCA processes for accuracy and efficiency following LCA methodology and recommend tools and processes to be used.
- Training: Identify needs, develop, and deliver internal training on key LCA topics.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Environmental engineering or similar discipline
- 4 to 6 years of experience in LCA consulting performing, managing, interpreting, and communicating on LCA assessments. At least 1 year of that experience specifically in LCA project management
- Strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Corporate Footprint, preferably carried out in the fashion sector
- Experience with one of the LCA software tools (GaBi is a strong asset)
- You have knowledge and experience with project management, as well as project leadership approaches and best practices.
- Solid technical knowledge of LCA frameworks and methodology (EDD, ISO 14001, Comparative LCAs, allocation procedures, cut-off criteria, uncertainty analysis, data quality requirements, impact categories, and completeness, consistency, and sensitivity checks)
- You have demonstrated high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You’re able to guide a team to work efficiently, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You’re resilient, perseverant, and self-motivated
Location: Toronto, Canada
Experience Level: Senior-level Professional
Job Type: Full time
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Application deadline: 24-9-2021
Expected start date: 1-10-2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: All employees work from home till vaccinations are in place.